Global Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients Market: By Production Process (Synthetic and Biotech (Recombinant proteins, Monoclonal antibodies, and Others); By Type (Generic and Branded); By Region – (2018-2025)
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.7% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025.
Global Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients Market Overview
APIs are chemical compounds or a combination of compounds that are used primarily to have the desired effect on biological systems. Excipients are inactive ingredients in a drug that are used to disperse APIs. APIs may be synthesized either through chemical or biotechnological methods.
Increasing incidence of age-related diseases is one of the prime factors driving the market growth. The implementation of stringent measures to prevent the penetration of counterfeit products by governments and regulatory agencies of many countries will curb the counterfeit products in the market, thereby driving the market for genuine products.
Moreover, The API industry is highly standardized in most regions, and the manufacturers are expected to adhere to the regulations imposed by many government agencies. Further, the approval process for manufacturing is extensive, and the strict adherence to the guidelines for manufacturing poses challenges to market growth. Also, fierce competition due to the presence of many vendors with similar offerings and declining investments in R&D owing to declining profit margins and the high failure rates of new products are some of the notable challenges in the market growth.
Global Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients Market – Production Process
By the production process, the market is bifurcated into synthetic and biotech ingredients. The synthetic type is expected to contribute to the growth of the API market, owing to its widespread adoption by various vendors. However, the biotechnology-based production process segment is expected to witness faster growth during the forecast period because of the increased demand for biotech drugs. The strong growth of the biotechnology industry and increased demand for biotechnology-based molecules have contributed to the growth of the market.
Why purchase the report?
- Detailed information of the Global API products across each segment, in terms of end-user highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
- Recognize commercial opportunities in API products market by analyzing key trends and development.
- Extensive product benchmarking of all key players
- On-demand excel sheets and data tables.
- Raw Material Suppliers
- Product Manufacturers
- Industry Leaders/Investors/Key opinion leaders
- Research & Education Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies & Organizations
By Production Process
- Recombinant proteins
- Monoclonal antibodies
- North America
- Rest of the World
Table of Content
- Sun Pharma
- Dow Chemicals
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- WuXi AppTec
- Lonza Group
- Allergan plc
- Pfizer, Inc.
What Information does this report contain?
• What was the market size of the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients Market in 2017 and the expected market size by 2025, along with the growth rate?
• An in-depth analysis of the current impacting factors, opportunities and challenges/restraints in the market
• Which are the largest revenue generating products, services or regions and their comparative growth rate?
• Which technology is in trend and how would it evolve during the forecast period (2017 – 2025)?
• Which are the leading companies in the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients Market and their competitive positioning basis their market share, product portfolio, strategic attempts and business focus?
You may also like
Ophthalmic Drugs Market by Indication (Dry Eye, Glaucoma, Infection/Inflammation/Allergy, Retinal Disorders, and Others), Type (Prescription Drugs and Over-the-counter-Drugs), Dosage Form (Liquid Ophthalmic Drug Forms, Solid Ophthalmic Drug Forms, Semi-Solid Ophthalmic Drug Forms, Multicompartment Drug Delivery Systems, and Other Ophthalmic Drug Forms), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Online Pharmacies and Others), and Therapeutic Class (Anti-Glaucoma, Anti-infection, Anti-inflammation, Anti-allergy, and Others): Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2020–2027