Web Application Firewall Market by Solution (Hardware Appliances, Virtual Appliances, Cloud-Based), Service (Professional and Managed), Organization Size (SMEs and Large Enterprises), Industry Trends, Estimation & Forecast, 2017 - 2025
This report studies Web Application Firewall in Global market, especially in North America, China, Europe, Southeast Asia, Japan and India, with production, revenue, consumption, import and export in these regions, from 2011 to 2015, and forecast to 2025.
Web application firewall (WAF) is an application firewall that filters, monitors and blocks HTTP traffic as they travel to and from the web applications. The WAF is installed as a hardware appliance, virtual appliance or cloud based that runs directly on web servers. It monitors all HTTP requests and analyzes them before they reach the web server for being processed. It examines the GET and POST method while applying distinct rules to recognize and filter out illegitimate traffic. Other security solutions such as Intrusion Detection System (IDS), network firewalls and Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) can stop the illegal traffic and provide the network security. However, they are not equipped to detect and stop session hijacking, SQL injection, cross-site scripting (XSS).
Web Application Firewall Market Determinants
The major driving factors of WAF market are increasing dependency of various industries on the internet, and rising concerns regarding web security attacks such as cyber theft, fraud, and harassment on a web network. Additionally, numerous companies are witnessing issues regarding cyber-attacks in their system which is another driving factor of web application firewall market. However, lack of skills, negligent deployment and numerous priorities regarding risk reduction are the major restraints for the growth of the market. On the other hand, continuous technological advancements in the field of cyber security will act as a future growth opportunity to the market.
Web Application Firewall Market Key Segments
• By Component
Support and maintenance
Training and education
• By Organization Size
o Small and medium sized enterprises
o Large enterprises
• By Industry Vertical
o Banking, financial services and insurance
o IT and communication
o Government and defense
o Energy and utilities
• By Geography
o North America
o Rest of the world
Table of Content
• Akamai Technologies
• Citrix Systems, Inc.
• Ergon Informatik AG
• Barracuda Networks, Inc.
• Cloudflare, Inc.
• Penta Security Systems Inc.
• F5 Networks, Inc.
• Fortinet, Inc.
• Radware Ltd.
What Information does this report contain?
• What was the market size of the Web Application Firewall Market in 2017 and the expected market size by 2025, along with the growth rate?
• An in-depth analysis of the current impacting factors, opportunities and challenges/restraints in the market
• Which are the largest revenue generating products, services or regions and their comparative growth rate?
• Which technology is in trend and how would it evolve during the forecast period (2017 – 2025)?
• Which are the leading companies in the Web Application Firewall Market and their competitive positioning basis their market share, product portfolio, strategic attempts and business focus?